Monday

Beauty Crown Picks: Face







The Beauty Crown Awards are a yearly favorites collaborative effort including beauty bloggers around the globe. The Beauty Crown Awards were created by Lily from Beauty with Lily Liz from My Pretty Obsessions, Jackie from Five Two Certified, and Shalunya from Shalunya & Boyet. We felt that a collaborative effort from a large number of beauty bloggers would be much more interesting to our readers and would garner more attention. The Beauty Crown Awards are a 5 week event with each week covering types of products.

Week 1 - Personal Care Products - Dec 2 - Dec 8, 2013
Week 2 - Facial Products - Dec 9 - Dec 15, 2013
Week 3 - Lip & Nail Products - Dec 16 - Dec 22, 2013
Week 4 - Eye & Misc Products - Dec 23 - Dec 29, 2013
Week 5 - Facial Care Products & Tools - Dec 30 - Jan 4, 2014


Week 2 of the Beauty Crown Awards covers Face Products. Below are my Week 2 selections:

FACE
Primer
When it comes to primers, I generally grab for either the Laura Geller Spackle Under make-up primer or the Tarte Clean Slate poreless primer.  Which one I use depends on the weather, as well as what foundation I'm going to be using that particular day.  Regardless of which one I choose, I ALWAYS use the Clinique Pore Refining solutions along with it, as it really makes pores disappear, and it also helps with those fine lines.


BB Cream
This was an easy one.  I love my Smashbox camera ready BB cream, but since this one is too light for me, I will use it as a primer at times.  I plan to order this a shade or two deeper as soon as possible.

Foundation
Again, I have two foundations that I've chosen.  The reason is, it depends on what the weather is like, whether I will be needing a full-coverage and long lasting one or only wearing it for a short time.  The Tarte Amazonian clay 12-hr full coverage foundation is TRULY a full-coverage foundation, but in the winter time, I enjoy the Estee Lauder Futurist foundation.  My skin tends to get a bit dry in the winter, so this or my MAC Mineralize Moisture SPF 15 is what I usually grab for.  In the summer though, I really use my Tarte a lot.  I even have a backup of that one waiting for me. 

Powder
Once again, I have chosen two powders.  The reason is that I choose my powder depending on what foundation I'm wearing, and/or if I'm only wearing a BB cream.  Lorac leaves your skin silky, and it is also designed to help hide the pores, but this one, once again, is a shade too light, so I use it when I'm using a foundation that is a bit dark on me, now that summer's over and I've lost my color.  (Yes, I use SPF products, but being, in large part, Cherokee Indian, I tend to tan anyway.  The MAC is actually a powder foundation, but I never use it as one.  It also leaves my skin feeling and looking soft and silky.

Concealer
and
Brightener
Well, since I was a dork and took a picture of these together, I lumped them together. :)  I use the Benefit Erase Paste to conceal, as my dark circles tend to have a bluish undertone to them, and this is a pinkish colored cream, and it goes on so smoothly.  I use Estee Lauder Ideal Light brush pen, and I think it's fabulous, although I might try the Givenchy one when I run out of this.  Maybe I can get a sample size to see if I like it better first, because I really do love the Estee Lauder one.

Blush
This Amazonian Clay blush from Tarte filmed quite a lot darker than what it actually is.  The color is Natural Beauty.  Now, it definitely can look clownish if you don't use a light hand when applying this, but that is with all of Tarte's Amazonian clay blushes.  Their color payoff is insane!

Bronzer
The reason I have two in this picture is because I use them together.  I use the NYX Matte Bronzer in Deep/Tan to contour and the Too Faced Chocolate Soleil in Medium/Deep to warm up the rest of my face.


Highlighter
I have a TON of highlighters, but I couldn't choose just one.  On the left is MAC Mineralize Skin Finish in Adored, and it is so incredibly beautiful! It's a mix of cream and coral colors, and with a coral lip, it looks fabulous! The next one is in Soft and Gentle, and it's great to use no matter what else you have on your face.  It's definitely a staple for me.

Palette

Again, I couldn't pick just one.  Maybe it's the newness of them, but I am in LOVE with my Lorac PRO palette, we all know about that one.  The next one was the palette that came in the Tarte of Giving gift set from Sephora, and there are so many gorgeous colors in there!  Tarte isn't well-known for their eye shadows, but I think they are fabulous!  They have great color payoff, and there is a nice selection of shimmers and mattes!

So, I hope you enjoyed reading about my facial product picks, and I hope you have a beautiful week!









No comments: