Wednesday

The Resolute Beauty Blogger-2014!

This will be the MOST important blog I do of 2014, for a number of reasons.  I feel that it will help me to stay focused on my goals.  I don't believe in dreaming, I believe in setting goals that you may or may not reach, but as long as you try your hardest, that's all that matters.

So on to the heart of this blog post:  My resolutions for 2014.  I wasn't one to generally make resolutions, as I always felt that we should work each day to strive to do better than the day before, or at the very least, our best.  This year, I AM going to set some resolutions for myself.  I know that it will help me to stay on track better.  After all, I'm not just making these resolutions to myself.  It's not like I'm telling myself that I will lose 20 pounds within 2 months, and then not being held accountable, because no one else would know.  No, this will be different.  I am making these resolutions, and I expect to be held accountable by ALL of my blog readers, as well as my YouTube subscribers, because my resolutions will have everything to do with both.

My first resolution is the most important, because without it, I couldn't possibly follow through with the others.  I am going to start drinking green vegetable drinks and home-made fruit smoothies, which will be LOADED with vitamins and antioxidants, which will give me more energy to attain my other goals, or resolutions.

My next resolution is to get to reading more of your blogs and commenting.  I know that I've kind of been a bit lax in that department, but this year is a new beginning and a chance to get things right. I'm also going to continue to watch YouTube videos as often as possible, and I will try very hard to stay caught up!

My third resolution is to post at LEAST one blog per week, as well as posting one or two YouTube videos per week. I am also going to be starting a "Quick Tips" playlist, which I hope will be helpful to many of you.

My fourth resolution is to do at least one product review per month on my blog, and I will be starting to review more drugstore brands, as well as the high-end products I also purchase.  I will also be doing swatches on my blog for the products I review on my YouTube channel.  I would like to really get the two working together.

My fifth resolution is to do some collab blogs.  I've done one collab video, am in the process of doing another, and Glam Moms and I are also planning  to do one soon, but I would LOVE to do more blog collabs!

My last resolution is to reach at least 100 bloglovin' followers, and I will try to have at least 2,000 YouTube subscribers by the end of this year.  Yes, those are high goals, but  I believe that I can, and will, make this all happen.

This is a new year!  This is a chance for us to start fresh and accomplish those goals that we've set for ourselves.  I believe in me, and I believe in you too!

Now for the questions of the month:

Why is being successful with your resolutions important to you?  When I set a goal for myself, it's important to me that I be successful, because there are many things in my private life that I'm not in control of.  Trying to perform at my highest possible level is my way of coping with such things.  No worries, my marriage is completely intact, and I'm very happy, but to be completely honest, I have some health issues that I deal with on a day-to-day basis, and I'm not able to control that, but pushing myself to be the best that I can be is incredibly important to me. I've always been a woman who was very driven, and that hasn't changed.  I have to recognize my limitations, but at the same time, I refuse to let them define me.  

What would being successful with your resolutions mean to you?  It would mean the world to me!  It would help me to feel so much more in control of my life!  We can't control everything, but we can certainly control how hard we push to reach our goals, and to me, that's just so important.  


If you would like to participate in The Resolute Beauty Blogger, on January 15th simply post your resolutions, post your answers to our questions on your blog and leave the link to your post in the link tool, which will be available below on the 15th. Each month we will all revisit our resolutions to see how we are progressing and ask questions intended to help you stay focused on your resolutions and goals. Even if you aren't joining The Resolute Beauty Blogger, I'd love to know what you are doing to keep your beauty blog on track during 2014.

Here's to 2014 being the best year yet, with MANY more to come!!  


No comments: