Tuesday

Winter Wonderland Video Nails!!

I wanted to get a little creative with my nail look for my Winter Wonderland video, so I decided to have white shimmery nails with red glitter tips!  Over the top?  I don't think so.  This is the season that we get to REALLY jazz up some looks, because we have all kinds of parties coming up, and if it's a holiday party, it REQUIRES some glam, in my opinion!

Here's how they turned out! 




Now I'll tell you exactly how to get that look, in case you decide to try this out yourself this season. OH, and if you do, I really want to see some pictures!! :)  Anyway, on with the blog.  I get easily distracted, haha.

Here is a picture of what you will need, and I will list the products beneath it as well.






  • First, you'll need to choose your base color.  For this look, I used Sinful Colors Professional in
  • Paint as many coats as you need to get full coverage.  For me, it only took two coats, as I find this polish to be pretty opaque.
  • After your nails have dried COMPLETELY, it's time to choose what color of glitter you want to use.  While you can use craft glitter, I actually purchased glitter specifically for nails, and/or to add to nail polishes.  I went with red, because I am going to be wearing a deep red lip in the Winter Wonderland Video.
  • Next, it's time to get out the false lash adhesive. :) Yes, I really said that, lol. I chose to use Revlon's because of the brush tip.  This made it a LOT easier to get the glue exactly where I wanted it to go. 
  • I chose to do red glitter tips, but you can actually go with any design! Your imagination is the only limiting factor here.  I did only ONE nail at a time, and I didn't give the adhesive time to get tacky, as I would when applying lashes.  I layed the glue where I wanted it, and once I was satisfied with the placement, it was time to immediately dip my nail tip into the glitter. 
  • It's important that you get both sides of the nail as well, so you'll need to kind of roll your nail from one side to the next, and make sure you are working on a surface that will be easy to clean up, because we all know, from all the way back to elementary school, that when we mess with glitter, it gets EVERYWHERE!  When you bring your finger out of the jar of glitter, it should look like this. 
  • You can see that the majority of the glitter piled up where the lash adhesive had been placed.  At this point, I immediately used a craft brush to very gently brush the loose glitter off of my finger and fingernail, aiming for the tiny jar, but not always successfully so. ;)
  • As soon as I had the glitter swept to my satisfaction, I gently touched the tips of my nails, gently pushing the glitter further into the adhesive.  I waited for just a bit until the adhesive was dry and immediately put a clear coat on to protect the glitter.  Here is what I used, and I have to add that this is the top coat I ALWAYS use, and I absolutely LOVE it! 
  • I ended up applying 3 coats of this so that I could really be certain that the glitter was sealed well.  Now, if you're anything like me, you cannot STAND for the ends of your nails to feel straggly or scratchy, so I took a file with a very soft grit and filed the ends, which were glitter pieces, in a downward direction, which smoothed out the ends of my fingernails very nicely.  
So, there you have it!  My first "How-To" blog!  How exciting!  I will be filming the Winter Wonderland look either today or tomorrow, so you'll see these babies on film. Haha.

I hope that you are all having a lovely day and that this week will be filled with joy and love.

<3 Teri

No comments: